vrijdag 3 november 2017

October

This month I am more often thinking on going back to the Netherlands. Probably, because time flies. On 17th of December I will take the train back home. Till then I have plans for every weekend.

In the first weekend of October I finally saw Budapest, it is only a few hours by train from here. It is a city with a lot of contrast between poor and rich. There are many homeless people, but also very beautifully built ancient architecture. We went to a ruined pub which was a headquarter of the Germans in the second world war, now it is art. The next day we went to the spa. It was perfect to relax on Sunday in an old Turkish spa. I was lucky that I was with EVS people who went to Budapest many times before, so they showed me the best places.

One of the best things I did this month was that I went to a concert in Vienna from an Australian band called Tora. They played in B72  a music club under the metro line and in between two highways. The perfect place to make a lot of noise. I was really happy when Egle, an Estonian EVS, asked me if I wanted to join her. We had a lot of fun and we spend all day in Vienna. This concert reminded me to all the concerts I saw with friends at Vera in Groningen.


We had two tea meetings this month. One about hitchhiking in Belgium, from Martina. Another tea meeting by me about Iceland. It was fun to give a presentation. I learned a lot from the presentations I did. Telling stories give me another perspective on the experience. It makes my memories more clear and lively.

We did some promotional activities, at the national agency and the university of Economics. We tried to attract students to our workcamps, tea meetings or trainings.

This week I was sick again, and also that made me want to go home. I noticed that I am more often sick since I am here. Maybe because it is such a busy year with many impressions, new people and lots of activities. Also this weekend I was leading a workcamp in Slatinka where was not great hygiene. It was fun though; we all enjoyed the nature, the work and Italian food. We planted apple trees. My friend Nynke came to visit me and she joined the camp as well. It was great to see her again.


Besides I worked very hard on the outcome of my messenger workshop and outcome of EVS. Because of that I am totally on schedule with all
my work which feels pretty good. Making a comic book prepares me for an animation film I want to make when I am home. I learn a lot from trying out different styles. I am using now Indian ink on tracing paper pad. I use the computer to colour in the drawings. You can see some drawings for my comic book in this blog.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten